Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Detail from hell

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Default Detail from hell

Alright first I'm staying in a small town called Tomah, WI. It's pretty much country town and I don't know many places around here yet. I purchased a Audi A4 2007. I figured I'd get it detailed, maybe get the little scratches out and polish it up. Well I asked them to buff it also. They had it from 8am-4pm. When I picked it up he showed me that they buffed it too hard in a spot. Now there is about 3inx2in paint missing near my trunk. It's to the left of the A4 symbol by my headlight. So they didn't charge me for the detail and they said their going to have a bodyshop fix it for free. It looks like the clearcoat is off, the paint is chewed up, and I can see metal I think.

Is this something that can be fixed without repainting the whole car? Not only that but in the sun I can see buff waves all over my car I know I shouldn't see any marks so I'm pissed. Any good places in or around Wisconsin anyone knows about? I'll try to get a pic up.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

well if they said they'll fix it for free then let them, paint's expensive and if they do that then you'll have a fresh coat on and it'll be good as new

Old 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
1st Gear

If there’s buffer trails over the car the guy doing it hasn’t worked the polish enough or has done it in the sun

Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 AM
1st Gear

They said its free. Let them do it. If it needed a new paint let them paint it. Just be sure they are doing it right this time.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by machine
Alright first I'm staying in a small town called Tomah, WI. It's pretty much country town and I don't know many places around here yet. I purchased a Audi A4 2007. I figured I'd get it detailed, maybe get the little scratches out and polish it up. Well I asked them to buff it also. They had it from 8am-4pm. When I picked it up he showed me that they buffed it too hard in a spot. Now there is about 3inx2in paint missing near my trunk. It's to the left of the A4 symbol by my headlight. So they didn't charge me for the detail and they said their going to have a bodyshop fix it for free. It looks like the clearcoat is off, the paint is chewed up, and I can see metal I think.

Is this something that can be fixed without repainting the whole car? Not only that but in the sun I can see buff waves all over my car I know I shouldn't see any marks so I'm pissed. Any good places in or around Wisconsin anyone knows about? I'll try to get a pic up.
I am not sure where exactly you are located but I am from milwaukee. I take my cars to a shop called abra to get painted down here.