Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Wax-related detailing tip...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Default Wax-related detailing tip...

Don't know if you guys have had to deal with this (or have tried this solution), but when you wax the car and get wax on any rubber seals (ie, window seals, etc), it usually makes a pale, ashy stain that can be a pain in the sack to get rid of. What has worked for me is to rub any wax-stained rubber areas with peanut oil - it'll take the wax right off the rubber and leave it looking like new.

Just thought I'd pass this on, as it was a regular occurrence on my Z and that was the only way I could recon my moldings to make them look new again.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wax-related detailing tip...

Wax Stain Removal:
Peanut oil will remove the wax but only on a temporary basis as once the oils dry the ‘stain’ comes back. Wax Blaster Wax Remover - removes wax stains from plastic and rubber bumpers, trim, and mouldings quickly and easily. Just rub the sponge-tipped bottle over the stain and watch as the stain disappears. A safe, water-based solvent dissolves the stain without harming the surface or the surrounding paint. Embedded wax stains will fade away, leaving your vehicle looking neat and clean.
Product specific - http://www.autogeek.net/wax-remover.html