Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Electronics
What is this Dension model? Can I use Iphone? >

What is this Dension model? Can I use Iphone?

Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

What is this Dension model? Can I use Iphone?

Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
1st Gear
Default What is this Dension model? Can I use Iphone?

Hi guys!

I have an Audi A8 and thought the CD changer didnt work. Upon taking the glovebox apart I found this Dension unit.

What is it? Am I able to use my iphone with it?
What leads will I need?

Also with no CD auto changer how do I update? Im still on old software and no 3D maps?

Also having done a bluetooth search in the car it finds the Motorola phone that I know is pretty much useless and also 'Bose Soundlink'. It wont let me connect to it? Do I have to make my MMI unit 'discoverable'? If so how?

Sorry for a million questions but Ive no idea and only just bought the car on Friday and have no manual?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Attached Thumbnails What is this Dension model? Can I use Iphone?-den2.jpg   What is this Dension model? Can I use Iphone?-dension.jpg  

Last edited by daveoholt; 01-28-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:36 AM
1st Gear

Was this unit connected to your mmi?
Does it say anything about a modelnr?

If I'm not all wrong this gives you the oportunity to connect iphone/ipod(the old plug), usb-stick and aux. I got the newer version, but mine is still called Gateway 500, and I believe thats what your unit also is called.
When connected you can use it via the cd-changer control, via CD #12 in the menu.

This is a video I uploadet from my first day of use, so I didnt really know my way round the menus, but I also got an DAB-radio extension that is showing the most in this video.