Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Advice on HID Stealth Bulbs please

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Advice on HID Stealth Bulbs please

Hi guys, I've been wanting to replace my orange signal lights in the front with some auto stealth lights. So far i've found two good alternatives, one is this one:
http://www.purems.com/products/product.php?II=793
this kit allows me to just change the singals.
BUT on this website:
http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...BULB-D1C-.aspx

I can buy the whole kit. Now what I'm wondering is which one should I get? I'm leaning towards the full conversion one because I can get my signals lights in HID and have the nice cool blue effect if I purchase the 8000k. What I don't understand is if they would fit my B7 2007 S4? And whats the difference between 10000 and 12,000 k lights? And is the price worth it?
Thanks guys

Old 12-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Advice on HID Stealth Bulbs please

You're looking at two different things. The first link is to a set of bulbs for your signals. The second one is an HID conversion kit for your headlights. Your car should already have HIDs for headlights. Do not for a second believe that in the first link, you would actually be getting xenon lights for your turn signals. They call them HIDs as a marketing gimmick. It's still a filament-style bulb, not a xenon lamp. And I seriously doubt that HID would work for turn signals. The rapid, constant flash-on-flash-off would probably toast the ballasts before long.

Bottom line - a B7 S4 I am pretty sure comes with HIDs. You don't need link B. Link A, to the signal bulbs - get 'em if you want - they'll probably be a cooler ice-white color. They are NOT xenon. And unless your turn signal housings are clear, they're not going to do anything for you. If you have an amber reflector in there, it's going to make the signals flash amber, regardless of whether you buy these bulbs or not.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:52 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Advice on HID Stealth Bulbs please

i see, then i'll be getting the bulbs on the first link. Do you know how to remove the casing and replace the bulbs?