Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Anyone have trouble installing Crutchfield's dash trim panel in a B5 A4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 04:18 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone have trouble installing Crutchfield's dash trim panel in a B5 A4?

So I bought a deck off of Crutchfield and as usual they include all the installation materials. However, the Scosche dash trim plate that goes where the OEM deck went doesn't go in as smoothly as I want it to. It's just a tad bit too big. I've complained to Crutchfield but they say that is the only dash trim panel they have for the A4. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? I filed down the sides a few mm on each side and it fits better but it just doesn't latch on securely like I was hoping it would since the clips have no where to clip onto. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by xqwizit
So I bought a deck off of Crutchfield and as usual they include all the installation materials. However, the Scosche dash trim plate that goes where the OEM deck went doesn't go in as smoothly as I want it to. It's just a tad bit too big. I've complained to Crutchfield but they say that is the only dash trim panel they have for the A4. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? I filed down the sides a few mm on each side and it fits better but it just doesn't latch on securely like I was hoping it would since the clips have no where to clip onto. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had the same issue. I pretty much had to do the filing and dremeling like you did and then I did JB Weld on the back side. Looks pretty good now.

Ohh, and I also sanded the face of the insert to get the textures matching.