Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Electronics
Apple CarPlay does not link up to MMI >

Apple CarPlay does not link up to MMI

Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Apple CarPlay does not link up to MMI

Old 04-11-2018, 10:21 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Apple CarPlay does not link up to MMI

I have a 2018 Q5 with Audi/Apple CarPlay. When I got the Q5 last summer the CarPlay app worked well 90% of the time, occasionally unlinking itself. But overall, the maps, podcasts, phone, message worked well. In the fall it become sluggish to link to the phone, maybe 50%, and would unlink. Now it wont see the phone at all, including charging from the USB connection. The new OS 11.3 may be a culprit but it was erratic before I updated. I have tried everything on the online suggestions but to no avail. Anyone have this and figured it out? Huge loss to me as all my music/podcasts/audiobooks etc are no longer accessible!

Old 08-04-2018, 06:01 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Partial Solution to the problem!

So I tried my wifeís iPhone8 with the Audi plug in and hers didnít connect to CarPlay either. Went to the dealer and they said itís a software issue between Apple and Audi and they need to resolve it. Kind of like not getting Google Earth in Canada...another thing that a Canadian Audi doesnít deliver on. But I thought even though the Audi lightning cable looks super strong what if it isnít? So I took a regular iPhone USB-ightning cable and tried it instead. It works! Holy Sót! Youíd think the dealer would have tried that. Anyway...that problem is solved...now maybe there still is a software issue but at least I can access podcasts, messages, maps etc on the iPhone. Youíre welcome!