Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Electronics
Audi a4 B7 2005 Bose system cut out >

Audi a4 B7 2005 Bose system cut out

Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Audi a4 B7 2005 Bose system cut out

Old 04-26-2017, 01:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi a4 B7 2005 Bose system cut out

So I have had a few Audis, and one problem I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with yet is the stereo. I study sound design and engineering in college so I have a very good understanding of stereos, but I cannot put my finger on what is wrong. So I purchased the car and all was grand, it came with a bose system and it sounded good. a few weeks later it got very scratchy and whenever I hit a bump it would get so scratchy the music was inaudible. All other cars that I knew of with this problem were a head unit problem. I wanted to upgrade anyways, so I splurged and got the touch screen pioneer I had been eyeballing, and some nice subs, as well as a full plug and play harness from Enfig car stereo (highly recommend if you don't want to mess around with splicing forever) the head unit functioned fine, but the scratchyness was still there in full force. So I looked around online and the consensus was that if it wasn't the head unit it was probably the amp. So I picked up an amp, and that fixed the scratchyness, but I then noticed that the rear right door speakers weren't functioning at all. Now this amp is getting scratchy too. It seems to be a slow process and the warmer weather recently has seemed to help slow it for some reason. Not to mention that it isn't scratchy at all if the car is sitting still (yet) could something wrong with the rear right speakers be causing all of this? like a short or something? I heard that these cars were known for having shorts in the door jam, but I figured that would blow the amp completely. not just make one set of speakers stop working. Any advice? I want to learn as much as a I can while I am at school so that when I have time on the weekend to go home I can get as much done as possible with minimum poking around.

Because this was a long explanation here's a recap...
Stereo went scratchy and cut in and out, replaced head unit no change, replaced amp, fixed for a short while and now is coming back. rear right door speakers don't work. Seems to be temperature and vibration sensitive (when it is warm it is better, but when the bass drops or I hit bumps it gets worse) when the car isn't running or moving it also doesn't happen.
Help!

Old 04-27-2017, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Dam son no one replied did you ever figure it out?

Old 05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

I have figured it out! But only through trial and error. Turns out after poking around alot that in the rear right door, the previous owner had for some reason driven a screw through the tweeter wire. removed the screw, replaced that section of wire, and now the noise is gone! but the speakers in that door still don't work. replaced the speakers in that door (as the coaxial had a visible puncture in the membrane) with others from my parts car, but still no difference there. But the scratching noise is gone!! So I can deal. thinking about trying a different amp? But ill have to think about it.