Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Audi IPOD Adapter + RNS D

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Default Audi IPOD Adapter + RNS D

Im trying to install Audi Ipod Adapter to Navigation Plus RNS D 4.2 (Bose system) almost 1 mounth now without any success.Im looking for any answears in an internet but i still didnt find any. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS...

Old 07-07-2008, 07:44 PM
jmg
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi IPOD Adapter + RNS D

I used the DICE adapter in my S4:

I purchased the DICE unit here:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...CE_I_VW_T.html

The cradle is also a DICE unit:

As for mounting plate I chose the PROCLIP angled mount at http://ww.proclipusa.com I don't have to remove the radio to install it, and it doesn't require drilling.

The cradle connects directly to the CD Changer cable, thereby replacing your CD Changer. Control is accessed through the CD Changer controls on the NAV/Radio. I reinstalled the CD Changer just to fill in the space for the OEM look when you open the glovebox.

I routed the cable up to the CF trim and tucked it behind. Then I ran it over the CD changer in the gap between the Changer and the surrounding:

Price breakdown:
not including shipping and tax, rounded off
DICE wiring kit: $145
DICE cradle: $54
Proclip Mounting plate: $35

TOTAL: ~$234.00

What I like best is that there is only ONE wire, so clutter is minimal. Also, when I have to put my ipod away out of sight when I park the car, all I have to do is lift it off the cradle. On my old setup in the B5, I had to take it out of the cradle, then pinch the connector (much like the Apple USB cable). The cable was then left dangling. With this setup there is no dangling cable, and when I get back into the car, all I have to do is drop the ipod into the cradle... I no longer have to connect the cable. It's all one step. Sounds like a small thing, but after years of use, the convenience is appreciated.