Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Driver door lost power, Windows not working & locking problem , please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

the problem was this; door latch. Apparently Audi, in their infinite wisdom, designed a door latchthat is electronic and controls windows, sunroof, interior lights, etc. and when the latch rusts out or corrodes due to the unit not being sealed against moisture, it shorts out and shuts down the whole F'in system. The fix is a new door latch ($200) plus install time.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 AM
1st Gear
Default All windows down and doors unlocked

My A6 unlocks itself and winds all of the windows down!
This seems to happen at anytime from 10mins to 3hours after I have locked the car (by remote or putting the key in the door). Any ideas?

Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Certified

I would check the wires thar go from the door to the body. Pull rubber boot back & take a close look at the insulation on the wires , make sure there is no cracks or broken wires.

Another possability is the carpet under the drivers seat is wet causing the convience module to go swimming. Pull sill plate , shove you hand under the carpet & see if it is wet.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Default probable solution to the problem

I had the same issue in 04 2.7 A6. ITs the drivers door "door latch". Its a fancy electronic control module which audi designed so when it rains, water will eventually leak in and corrode the internal components, rendering windows and door locks inoperable. total bad design, IMO, but nonetheless. You can buy the parts aftermarket. I think I paid maybe $150?? ( I forget) but the dealer part is brutally higher. Its a PITA to get to, gotta take off the door panel, unhook all wiring, etc. If you type in "audi electronic door latch replacement"" in google you will find info and the part number. Its amazing how one little bad part can F up your windows, locks, sunroof, interior lights, God knows what else. Hey Audi, you listening???

Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
1st Gear
Lightbulb Solution for that

What i found of is the wires going from the car to the driver door must have been pinched and some are ripped or cut i fixed that my self everything is working now

Old 01-30-2012, 07:19 PM
TCB
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Pslice
What i found of is the wires going from the car to the driver door must have been pinched and some are ripped or cut i fixed that my self everything is working now
im gonna give this a try , thanx

Old 12-29-2013, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

is the door latch the same as the lock actuator?

Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 AM
1st Gear
Default windows not working

Hi folks, I am new here on this forum and I have a similar problem. I have an 04' A4 quattro 1.8T and the other day, out of the blue, the windows stopped working (up or down). No problems with lock though. This includes the sun roof. I checked the fuses, but no problems there. I had a similar problem on a Chevy Suburban years ago and had to buy one window switch and try it in the door in different positions (ie. front passenger door, rear drivers side, and rear passenger side). Eventually, I narrowed it down to the failed switch. Anybody know a quicker way to diagnose the problem on my Audi? Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Old 04-20-2020, 05:33 PM
1st Gear
Default I found the issue

Open the driver door and pry apart the rubber boot and check your wires