Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Eclipse sound systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Eclipse sound systems

So here is my situation...

I got a friend who can hook up me up with some really good deals on a lot of systems. The place he works for carries Eclipse sound systems...I was looking at getting the Eclipse 8200. Its a 12' sub with RMS power handling of approx. 670W. These is a very nice system im sure, but I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Eclipse and if they would recommend them as for I am not very familiar with Eclipse myself. Do you know how they compare to Infinity Kappa Perfects? What kind of amp and box would you use?

Thank you

Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Eclipse sound systems

Eclpise is really good not the loudest of the bunch but will be very clear. Same with the kappa perfects. Not the loudest but very clear. ide listen to both if u can and pick cause its all about personal preference. If u get the eclipse sw8200 the amp they make for it is the Xa1000 i think. For your box just go with whatever if u want to just put it in there got buy a sealed box from a retailer or goto a local shop and get a nice custom box.

and 2 things on the side.
If you get eclipse im pretty sure your not supposed to use a ported box, sealed only.
and if u get the kappa perfects make sure you get the 12.1DVQ's. and make sure they are the alluminum white faced ones from a year ago. The new gunmetal colored ones and not too good.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

the Eclipse 8200s are incredible subs they are actually the first practical version of the Linear Motor Technology(LMT/S) designed by Tc Sounds. The only previous version was only practical for home use due to its 4ohm impedance and incredible ineffieciency. A little Background, they are the very first subwoofer with a fully linear stroke all the way through to full excursion thus cause an incredibly low amount of distortion, in fact the lowest ever. You can find the full specs for it on www.tcsounds.com. As for enclosure you really can use them in whatever enclosure you want as long as the time is spent to properly design and build it. Box choice is all dependant on the response you want from the driver. Sealed will generally have a flatter response across all frequency yet will not be as loud but should have more accuracy. Ported will play lower have more output but generally speaking dont have as flat of a response but that of course is dependant on the box size and tuning. As for the kappa perfects the eclipse is an all around better woofer more R&D went into the design the eclipse out displaces the kappa therfore it has a little more output potential combined with the LMT the choice is clear. If you need a box design pm me ill be glad to help.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

get and eclipse headunit then go get some db drive subs those are the **** with my old setup i hit 145.8db