Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

ECU Go APR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 01:19 AM
1st Gear
Default ECU Go APR?

i been thinking about getting stage 1 ECU from APR, but im not sure if my car can take it since it has 60k miles on it already. if it can then i was also thinking about going ATP on my turbo basically changing a bigger turbo for my b8 and getting a downpipe for it but is that all i need? do i need to change anything else to make sure nothing breaks from the high stress from the bigger turbo? anyways thanks for any help!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
4th Gear

as long as you dont have a cvt tranny you will be fine. OUr engines are jus getting broken in at around 100,000!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Administrator

60k miles? That engine is just a puppy, barely broken in as stated. Do your timing belt maintenance, cam follower (if that's a carryover issue from the 2.0T in the B7), and talk to Mike Hood at Ringer-Racing.com (he's a forum member here, mike-2ptzero). He's the guru for this stuff and will steer you right. To run a bigger turbo and get the most out of it, you'll need a lot - upgraded injectors, intercooler, possibly fuel pump, clutch, downpipe, exhaust, DV, intake...it all depends on how extreme you want to go. Mild turbo upgrades require less in the way of supporting mods. How much you need to buy is directly related to how much power you're looking for.