Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

fog lights wont work with low or high beams

Old 02-22-2012, 01:01 PM
1st Gear
Default fog lights wont work with low or high beams

HI guys!
long time no see... I have a should be simple question.
I recently added the angel eyes original look fog lights to my audi a4 97, for some reason I think the models before 99 didnt come with the fog lights installed, whatever... I made them work connecting them to the front beams switch and using the original fog light button in the dash, I find it funny the button was there but didnt work for nothing :P, the thing is that it works fine, fog lights would only turn on if the external lights are on, but as soon as i switch to low or high beams the fogs will go off, I found is because the dash button which I used to connect this will turn off automatically when beams are on, the button has a yellow triangle light that turns on when the button is on but the fogs are not, so I figured it was internally connected to the beams circuit preventing it to work.
Wondering if this is something that can be changed, some switch, some fuse or anything, is this by design that fogs would only work with the parking light or what?
Cause lately I was thinking of dismounting the console and disconnect the button from whatever circuit it had to create a direct connection... hehe
But just asking if you knew something before I broke anything else
Thanks and sorry for the mess in the redaction...