Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Headlamp/running light/cruise problems...help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Headlamp/running light/cruise problems...help!

I have an 02 audi tt quattro 225hp with a 6spd. I just purchased this vehicle and noticed the hid xenon low beam on the drivers side doesn't work. All the other lights in the headlamp works just not the low beam. Swapped it out with the other side that does work and still no light on the drivers side. Also On the passenger side the running light (amber) doesn't work...but that turn signal works. It's the same bulb, single filament. I obviously have an electrical problem. Took it to my mechanic that isn't an audi dealership and he tested everything he could and couldn't find anything wrong. But he couldn't test the BCM (body control module) and he thinks that might be the problem for everything. Oh and my cruise control doesn't work. Does this sound right?! Can it just be flashed? Rebuilt? Im just trying to avoid throwing a ton of money at the dealership....is it worth me buying a vag com or hex com to find out? Will it tell me electrical faults or if something is wrong with the bcm? sorry im just lost and new to audi :/. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!