Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Help Installing Push Start Button

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Help Installing Push Start Button

Hello all,

My car: 2009 A3 2.0TFSI DSG trans

I am trying to install a push start button with remote starter system. The issues I am having right now is chosing a transponder bypass. I live in a safe gated community and I also work in a gate community so safety of my car is not a concern.

I will be using key in the transponder bypass box and cut key in the ignition method.

Issues: I cant seem to find any reliable bypass kit for Audi a3 beside DB-all or DS4 but they wont sell it to me. They want to install it for me which run about 400 dollars just for the kit. However, I need to tap my push start remote starter into that system and I cant do it without knowing how the system works. The local shops offered to install the my push start system for 700 usd. 1100 dollars total plus my system. NOT WORTH IT...

secondly, I cant seem to find information regarding our door lock and unlocking system. I installed the push start system on my 4runners and the unlock requires double pulse and lock is single pulse. But I cant find anything regarding a3 door lock and lock.

Please please please... I know what I am getting myself into regarding theft so please skip that conversation. And I like to keep my A3 until it dies so I wont buy another car with a factory push start button. Please skip that conversation also.

Thank you all.