Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Help with Navigation, PLEEEASE READ/HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Help with Navigation, PLEEEASE READ/HELP

I bought a 2005.5 3.2L A4 (b7) with navigation in December. My maps AND software are both old (I think).

When I press the "Car" button and select "Version," it says:

SW: 0020
HW: H53
Map: M1N040903_NN0312

My navigation disk is Version 1A (North America)

Can someone tell me how old my software is, or what version is the newest. If there is a way to update it myself (it is no longer under warranty), please PM me; I know the admins dont like it being discussed in public forum. Also, how old are my maps and what version is the newest that I can use in my A4. I have seen several on eBay but they all say to check compatibility and every time I ask an employee at my dealership, they either look at me like I have ten heads or tell me to post on here because the users here know more than any employee there. Should I be looking for the highest version number, or are there only certain disks that will work with my unit?

Lastly, I have been having some issues with my MMI and I was wondering if anyone else was and/or if a SW upgrade will remedy them. When entering text (using that awful dial), I sometimes get an unbearable lag. For example, I will turn the dial ten clicks and it will only move one place. Or I will be moving around the X and Y axis on the maps and it will sometimes move much less than wanted or sometimes not at all! Also, when moving from one mode to another (i.e. NAV to CD/SD), the "blinking" animation that the screen does will become very choppy or pause for several seconds.

I apologize for the lengthy post and any topics that may have been previously mentioned by other users, but I did search for a remedy to my problems and could not find an answer. I found some regarding the version number, but they describe it in a different format. Maybe mine is so old that it displays the version number different.

You can e-mail me if you like at dave.demarest@gmail.com

PLEASE HELP!

-Dave