Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HID Headlights-Expert wiring and electrical advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
1st Gear
Default HID Headlights-Expert wiring and electrical advise needed

I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.8 L Quattro Avant that came with Halogen Headlights which were destroyed by a collision with a deer.

The vehicle seems to have the HID wiring harness, going to the Headlights; it has all of the needed leads. I ordered Hella Factory Replacement Bi-Xenon Headlights. Leveling sensors & mounting brackets with connecting arms, and the control module is on the way from a number of different sources.

I have the Ross-Tech VCDS software and hardware to do VGA Diagnostics and adjustments. I believe that the needed double J123 Relay was standard on this vehicle and it should be wired in to the J218 Dashboard Display, There is an unterminated connector behind the Glovebox which I believe is the connector for the Range Control Unit, 4Z7907357.

The problem that needs to be solved is how to get this all working. I did an initial test by plugging in the left headlight connector to the new left Bi-Xenon Headlight. The directional signal light worked, and that is about all.

I noted the faint odor of heating metal/wires inside the vehicle. The test was only a few second, and no damage was done, but I need some expert advice on how to proceed to get all of these components working properly.

There is no going back, so please, I just need advice on how to do this.