Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

I've got a Bazooka tube lying around - should I bother putting it in?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default I've got a Bazooka tube lying around - should I bother putting it in?

As above....I've got a pretty new 8" bazooka tube in my garage. I used it as a temporary sub while I was putting together a pretty custom system on my other car. Anyway, it's now sitting idle. I just got a new '07 A4 with, I believe, the Bose system. It's got the 6cd system in the dash.

Should I bother adding the tube, or will it be too imbalanced? Will it even do anything in the trunk? Installation would obviously be easy, but I've gotta get an amp and run the power / ground, which is a minor drawback. I do have a JL 500/1 monoblock sitting in a box, but it would probably be way overpowered so I probably won't use that. Maybe I'll get a cheap Kenwood amp or something.

What do you think?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: I've got a Bazooka tube lying around - should I bother putting it in?

I ran a single 10" in my trunk and it sounds great. It dont tickle the ears but gives the music life, and if I want it louder I just drop a seat. I picked up a Alpine 400 for about $250 and it works great mounted on the rear baffle board. I say go for it you wont loose anything if you dont like it. You can still use your JL just tune it down. You can see mysetup in the DIY section under f/g box. (i think)

Old 04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I've got a Bazooka tube lying around - should I bother putting it in?

Thanks - good reply. Maybe it would add some nice kick. 8's kinda small for this car, but can't hurt. I just feel like the JL would be wasted with this tube, but what the hell, I've got it.

Btw, nice box.....I haven't tried glass yet. I'm fortunate to have JL around the corner from me; they did built a stealthbox for my Vette for me (pics of the 2 JL 8w3v3's in place), now they're marketing it. Cool process.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
4th Gear

That install looks nice and clean, I like it. Even though your amp is more powerfull than your tube could ever handle it will run cool and clear, which is much better than matching max for max. Plus after a little while you'll probably get the itch to upgrade.

The box in that DIY was my 3rd box that I ever made, so if you have some extra time it might be worth the savings. Im almost always on here so if you did decide to take a stab at it I would be more than willing to answer any Q's.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
2nd Gear

no, they sound like a monkey beating a drum wit ha mixing spoon. it'd only make the audio worse