Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Low Beam not turning off

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Default Low Beam not turning off

Hi, New to the forum as I just purchased an 2000 A4 from the US and brought across the line into Canada. I'm running into a bit of electrical trouble and have had no luck finding any other info on the many other posts. This forum seems to have the most knowledgable members, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I tried dealing with the Daytime Running light issue (Required in Canada) by installing a kit that claimed to work with "all models". I guess that didn't include Audi. I installed it and my Driver Information System started complaining about lamps burned out- in addition, it just didn't work properly. After removing the POS kit, my low beams do not turn off when I activate my high beams. No faults whatsoever on the display, I just have an extra set of lights on when I turn on the high-beams. I didn't check whether this was a problem before I put the kit on, as I only had the car for a couple of hours. I'm assuming that the kit caused the problem, but I'm not 100% sure it wasn't already there.

Anyways, any help or suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. I've solved the DRL issue by modifying the kit to work with the fog lights instead. I've got to get this thing through inspection to get it on the road ASAP.

Thanks again