Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Need help with dome lights!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 12:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Need help with dome lights!!

Hey all, Brand new to the forum!!

I'm having a weird issue with my car. 2001 Audi A4, B5, 1.8T, Quattro, Automatic.

2 things that aren't working are the dome lights and the Factory alarm..

Dome lights will not come on when you open a door but will come on when you unlock with key in the door or shut off the ignition off. I can turn them on manually with the switch, also the map lights are working and I'm sure I have the switch in the correct position.

If I don't turn them on my display in the dash shows all 4 doors opening or closing, but the drivers door will always say its open.

If I turn them on manually the display works like it should.. Plus the under dash lights will come on when the door is open or shut off when closed.

The other issue is the factory alarm. Not sure if its related to the dome light issue.

The LED'S in the front doors don't blink and the OEM siren doesn't chip when locked.

Last thing, Not sure if its related.. but I cant lock my doors with the switch on the door if the car is running.. I can only unlock.. But can lock if the car isn't running.

I'm not sure if the keyless works because I didn't get a flip key when I bought the car 3 weeks ago.

Anyone see this before?? I'm leaning towards the Central Locking Pump in the truck.. Just not sure and any help will be much appreciated!!

Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

Anyone ever see anything like this??

Can anyone answer me if you can lock your doors with the switch on the drivers door while the car running?? My switch works to both lock and unlock but if I'm in the car with it running it will only unlock.