Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

New Car, CD/Radio Problem:

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:44 PM
1st Gear
Default New Car, CD/Radio Problem:

I bought an Audi A4 the other day from a local garage.

English
1.9 TDI New Shape
Audi A4 2001 (51 Reg)
All seems fine, but i have a couple of queries.

I only have 1 flick/remote key with the immbiliser chip in it. I have the code for a new one and a plastic, let you in but wont start key.
Anyone know how much it will be for another flick/remote key that will unlock and START the car? In the uk? Dealer or otherway?>

Saturday Just Gone
I drove it back from the garage after it had a full Dekra check done on it, about 2 miles from home the Audi CD player and speakers appeared to come on. All i could hear was the low pitched noise from all the speakers. But the CD Player was not actually turned on and would not switch either on or off. I pulled over and turned the ignition off then on again, all seemed to be fine. Just wondering if this is a comnmon fault? or if it could be caused by static build up or something. Everything else seems to be ok.

Tonight
Now im a a little more concerned. Tonight i was listening to a cd on the way back from work, all was fine for 5 mins. Then all of a sudden there was a little thud i guess from the speakers, amd then the sound dissapered. The cd player would turn on and off and i could change from cd to fm etc. But no display on the stereo just on the driver console. When i got home i turned the ignition off then on again, and hey presto the sound came back!!! what on earth would be causing this? please reply to me asap. While the garage i got it from might to something about it!!!