Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

No power to any systems Audi A6 2005

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:13 AM
1st Gear
Default No power to any systems Audi A6 2005

Hello,

First post here on the forums, I've spent ages scouring the internet and I can't seem to find anything that has helped me.

I decided this morning to check the fuses as my parrot Bluetooth system had not been working for quite a while. After checking the relevant fuses, on turning the key to the test setting, the dash would light up fine but give an error 'Parking brake malfunction, drive carefully to nearest workshop'.

I thought this may be because one of the fuses I had removed had not been put back in properly and failed, so I checked every fuse in the three different fuse boxes manually.

I now have the exact opposite issue to what I started with. My Bluetooth powers up fine, but there is no power to anything else. The dash doesn't light up, the radio doesn't come on, I can't even lock my car because there is no central locking. The engine will start but then immediately cut out again.

I've checked all the fuses for a third time and they seem fine, and I've disconnected and reconnected the battery, but other than that I'm stumped.

Any ideas? I'm hoping to avoid a costly trip to the garage.

My car is a 2.0tdi 2005 A6 (Manual, right hand drive)

Thanks in advance

Ralph.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

There are often larger fuses that might not be in the fuse box. Something causing the issues that you are having is probably under the hood. If you have a power probe or meter, see what major fuses are and arent getting power. If you just arent getting power on the major ones you need to trace it back closer and closer to the battery. It sounds like its a constant power fuse rather than a switched.