Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

No sound from the front speakers after Bose headunit

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Default No sound from the front speakers after Bose headunit

Need advice please....

I have a 99 audi a6. I used to have a audi symphony headunit but it stopped working on me. So I bought a bose head unit from Ebay and put it in there.
Now the rear speakers are way louder than they used to be but lost sound from the front speakers and tweeters.

Any suggestions .... Someone told me I should get something reprogrammed from the dealer??

Old 08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: No sound from the front speakers after Bose headunit

I believe you need to VAGcom to recode it for the Bose.

Old 11-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Default RE: No sound from the front speakers after Bose headunit

Any idea of what needs to be reprogrammed? I have the same problem, on an A4 2000, I replaced the original Symphony having an A4 on the label with a Symphony having an A8 label.

Everything seems to work fine, except I do not have the front speakers working.

When I turn on the new one, I see the word "Bose" which I did not see from original.

The reason I am asking is that the mechanics at my Audi dealers are, well, let say... I brought the car twice with warning lights troubles (once with "check engine", once with "air bag"), and twice they say nothing is wrong and reset the light, which turn back on as soon as I get out of the garage... And all that at almost 100 $ (CAD) per hour.

I called about this radio problem and they say they would have to investigate. If they do it the same way as for the warning lights, I will not be happy. If at least I can tell them what to look at, I may save a couple of bucks.

Thanks in advance

Bernard