Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Problems wiring sub w/ factory HU

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Problems wiring sub w/ factory HU

I just had a pretty frustrating experiance with a car stereo install in my newly purchased 2003 Audi A4.

First, let me say that I successfully installed Sirius and a new BOSE OEM headunit with sat support (Thanks TeddyB!!).

Then onto the amp/subwoofer install. I found a remote from the HU wiring harness, ran power through the ECU and onto the trunk, grounded the with a bolt underneath the rear seat, connected the subwoofer and went to steal the audio off of the rear factory subwoofer using a line output converter.

While searching for the factory sub wiring to tap into, i found a factory amp behind the carpeting on the right side of the trunk. For some reason i thought my speakers were all powered off of the headunit; all the posts i read said the amp would be visible without moving anything.

So, I tapped what i am pretty sure is the subs wiring from the amp into the converter - no sub action.

Then, I tapped a pair of line level inputs and ran them into the converter (I know, i could just tap in with some RCA's and go right to the amp, but i thought the converter would still provide a signal) - this time i got sound out of the sub, but it was very quiet.

I'm starting to think the wiring diagrams i'm seeing around the forums for the bose amp are different than my year, or i'm doing something horribly wrong.

Thanks all,

Aaron

Old 06-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Default RE: Problems wiring sub w/ factory HU

no need to srart another post we were looking at this one ( patience is a virtue )