Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Replace the Bose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Replace the Bose?

So Ive done a ton of searching on here, but really havent found much about replacing the Bose Concert system in the A6s. I really wanna get a new headunit.. but im wondering if it is going to sound any better from just a headunit, or if I am just going to blow the speakers. I know in my Dodge Avenger that I had, they didnt make aftermarket speakers that fit 3" up front (all aftermarket ones were way too deep).. and my kenwood headunit would blow a set of those within like a week or 2. But at the same time my friend has a Grand Prix with the Bose setup and his sounds way better after getting an Alpine headunit *shrug*

Sorry im a newb to both audi and bose.. im used toreplacing basic setups lol
Any input is appreciated

Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Replace the Bose?

From what I understand, there is a Germansound system out specifically designed to exceed the limits of a bose system inour cars. I can get back to you on the name, butI do know thatit is a lilpricey. As far as the head unit, I'm deeply considering replacing mine as well (Pioneer AVIC Z2). I do understand most head units willhave some sort of difference in sound compared to stock. I hada ball experimenting withmy H. Accord in high school.Furthermore,beforereplacing the head unit,investigate the product because appantly, if you get a new head unit, it wont be the only thing you have to replace. As far as the Pioneer Z2, there are wires that are made to cooperate with the Bose system sufficiently, unfortunately, Im not sure if it comes in the packaging. Good luck!Worst comes to worst,get an Alpine like your boy did! lol.A Bose is a Bose,it doesnt matter what car its in.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Replace the Bose?

ORIGINAL: cassidyjr

So Ive done a ton of searching on here, but really havent found much about replacing the Bose Concert system in the A6s. I really wanna get a new headunit.. but im wondering if it is going to sound any better from just a headunit, or if I am just going to blow the speakers. I know in my Dodge Avenger that I had, they didnt make aftermarket speakers that fit 3" up front (all aftermarket ones were way too deep).. and my kenwood headunit would blow a set of those within like a week or 2. But at the same time my friend has a Grand Prix with the Bose setup and his sounds way better after getting an Alpine headunit *shrug*

Any input is appreciated
Any input is appreciated. Yeah me too! [&:]