Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Short in the Radio?? Help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM
1st Gear
Default Short in the Radio?? Help...

Hey all I am driving a 95 A6 and the stock Gamma CC Bose Radio, I'm thinking, may have a short in the wiring. When I turn the **** on the display doesn't always come on and I have to turn the **** back in forth almost in millimeters until the display lights up. Sometimes on the display the back light will light up, and I can hear what almost sound like a buzzing sound down by the pedals I really got under there over the weekend and was able to narrow it down to the left of the break pedal up under the dash. Some times the radio will shut off just randomly and I will get that buzzing sound and I will have to turn the **** and find the "right" spot where the display will come back on and the radio will come on as well. When I first got the car about 10 months ago the radio started doing that, and I replaced it and now this one is doing the same thing. Could this be a defect in the actual head unit or does this sound like a short in the wiring. If it is in fact a short, what kind of work do you think we are talking about me doing in order to fix this?

Any suggestions will really help because this is driving me crazy!!!