Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Symphony II and Sirius problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 PM
adm
1st Gear
Default Symphony II and Sirius problem

I have a 2007 A4 with the Symphony II head unit and Sirius satellite.

I didn't use Sirius for quite a while (it has worked and not modifications to the car have been made since it worked) and went to reactivate it today and it was a no go.

According to Sirius my radio needs to be reset, which is said to have to be done by the dealer... I can't find any information on how to do this out there, does anyone know how?

I've already taken out the fuse for the Radio for about an hour, but that did not clear my preset channels, so I am assuming the settings are stored in some sort of flash RAM.

_However_ The display on the head unit says "ANTENNA" which according to what I have found means the head unit does not think it has an antenna connected to it. If I were to speculate I would not think a mere reset would fix this. I have checked the connections on the satellite receiver in the trunk, they were secure, but I reconnected the for good measure anyway... no change.

Any thoughts other than the antenna (or cabling) in the shark fin being damaged?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Symphony II and Sirius problem

I have the exact same problem ! Anyone out there with an answer?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
adm
1st Gear

Well, I have been to the dealer (car is under warranty) and according to them the antenna is damaged and the new shark fin is out to get painted now. So it appears as if the radio reset wouldn't work in my situation, but if anyone knows how it would be a good tidbit to put out there in the knowledge pool.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

Thanks, I will try the dealer.

BTW, does anyone know how to reet the radio? Will I need a code to reactivate?

Old 01-12-2008, 09:38 PM

I have the perfect solution to your problem. And i just got it fixed today. Go to a very respectiable custom audio shop, that perferriable do high end cars such as Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, and such and ask them about a cross-over (Kinda like how you can go from 1 single home cable antenna to 2 antenna cross over box) and ask them about doing that for your module. It solved the problem i had, and if it were light outside right now is take pictures. But anyways, its basically the same thing as a home video cable antenna cross over module. And wa-lah, it will list the stations across the screen and not Antenna. haha. Your welcome folks.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM

Ok gents. Well i was able to go outside today and take pictures of the solution that i had mentioned. I had taken the car on the Audi side of the dealership that i work at before this solution was made. And the VW/Audi tech said he has only delt with this problem once before and Audi Tech Support had no answer for it and the customer was fed up and took the car after it had been there for several weeks while they were diaging the problem. But anyways. I couldn't live with the problem. The tech said now they are looking further into it since its now their second one. And i know they will since I myself am a tech on the GM side and my stepfather is the fixed operations director(basically runs everything but the sales dept.'s of the dealership). So, I had gone to the custom audio shop that we send our vehicles to that have the added bass and such installed to the vehicle then put them back on the lot. The shop deals with all the dealerships in my city, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus. . . Everyone! haha. But anyways, i brought the module to him yesterday and he laughed at the fact that Audi was using such an old design for the Antenna cable ports on my specific module. And yes the module does match my VIN number. But anyway's, he saw it, and said "oh perfect solution" went to the back, brought out a crossover type module that Mercedes Benz used to use to plug into their Sat. Modules they used. All he did was remove the keys, because they don't match the Audi keys on the module. They are securly fastened into the module and will not fall out, thats for sure. But anyways, i do plan on going to the Audi side of the company and showing them the solution i have and they can take that into account and maybe offer me some free Audi specs and replacement catalogs for my car. Haha always gotta stick it to the man. But hopefully these pictures help you guys out in trying to solve the aggravating problem.

Name:  IMG00151.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  66.1 KBName:  IMG00148.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  41.3 KB
Name:  IMG00147.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  79.8 KB
Name:  IMG00146.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  51.1 KB
Name:  IMG00145.jpg