Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

trouble with pioneer & my A4

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Default trouble with pioneer & my A4

Hey all, I am new to your forum. I just had a pioneer premier DEH-P5901B put in to a 2000 audi A4 I was going to put new speakers in but the tech told me that new speakers weren't necessary and that the new pioneer would make the stock speakerswould deliver the sound i was looking for. About 2 weeks after the install the pioneer would just shut off when playing. So I went back the tech he told me he might have to put a heat shield in. i asked him to check the ohms and he told me that was not necessary and wouldn't make a difference. the pioneer was still shuting down. I went back once more, the tech that did the install had been let go. so a new tech looked at what had been done, he told me that the stereo was wired to the stock amp. the old stereo and amp were 8 ohms the new pioneer is 3 ohms the tech said that the lead to the back speakers was cut and by-passed the amp and the tech must have had some problem that is why he by-passed the amp. now the whole thing sounds like crap and im told i need new speakers at no fault of theirs. would this have blown the speakers and the amp to be hooked up with different ohms for the different componets it is still under waranty what should I do i feel that im being screwed
thanks for the help