Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

What are the best speakers you ever owned?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:05 PM
1st Gear
Default What are the best speakers you ever owned?

The best speakers by far (for me) are Kicker!!! The best amps are Precision Power!!!
I'm sure everyone has there own opinions but i have had every speaker and amp from Pioneer, to Rockford, to JL.
All are great, but i had these two 10" Kicker Solo Baric, and a PP amp. They were so good they were stolen!!! Bass hit so hard, you could wake the dead. I was amazed the amount of bass two little 10" speakers could pump. The set up i had was a little pricey, but wahat quality sound system isn't?
The deepest bass i ever had was 2 15" Kicker Comp's that we could hear over a mile away!! 15's are too much anyway and the sound quality isn't as good as a 10 or 12.

Kicker!!

Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: What are the best speakers you ever owned?

I was really into car audio when I was in high school and went through tons of speakers. The best set up I had was 8 JL Audio W6 12's in my Honda Accord. I had a speaker wall and the thing was frickin' loud. I had solobarics and they just couldn't handle the power that I wanted to get to with my amps. I could beat the hell out of the W6's and very rarely blew them out. If I did, JL would send me a new one which was nice. I got out of the audio groove when I went to college. It was just taking up too much of my time with the car shows and audio competitions. Not too many people have heard of them or even sell them but Mmats amps are probably the best and most powerful amp on the market. They are very expensive but well worth the price.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

im going to have to go with JL Audio. all around the best speakers, amps as well. I install them professionaly every day! i love them, and if i could i would marry them and havesex with them.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

Best speakers I have ever owned (and still have) are audio development MM 3-ways. Best subs were by far Image Dynamics. Best amp...Brax amp I'd have to say.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:19 AM
1st Gear

well, i have owned a lot of different crap, but nothing compares to JL. They are the best all around speaker/amp company ever. you want it loud they can do it, you want it to sound awesome and image great, they can do it. I just love em. The W6 is the best sounding sub i have ever heard, and im sure plenty of others will agree with that one. I love the XR and ZR component speakers, running off a slash amp, i couldnt think of anything better. but thats just my opinion.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Administrator

My personal favorite setup that I ever had was Alpine CD head unit, PPI amps (one for mids/highs, one for sub), Focal Utopia separates, and an Audiobahn 12" sub. It was a ridiculous amount of money to spend, but back at the time that's what I was into. Took me about 5 months to get all the stuff, and then I took a day off work to spend installing. Sounded fantastic, but I'd never spend that much again. I have gotten very close to the same sound quality with far less expensive components. I'm sure that RTA would show that the differences were significant, but to my ears, it's not all that much different from using JL mids and woofers, a good mid-price amp, and a nice head unit.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

The best stereo equipment that I ever purchased was: 4 Infinity Kappa 63.5i and 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12ā€¯ subwoofers. The speakers themselves are great, they provide great treble and mid range they have two tweeters and then a 6.5ā€¯ mid-range speaker. The subwoofers being that they are from Infinity specialize in sound quality rather then just being load. Yet at the same time they were able to quite literally knock the pictures off the wall inside of the house when they had 1200 watts supplied to them. I have had a number of friends listen to my completed system and nearly 90% of them have gone out and at least purchased one of Infinityā€™s subwoofers. My only complaint about the system was how deep the door speakers are. It took over 4 hours for the techs at CarToys to install them in the door of a Honda Civic, due to the amount of grinding required. Overall I would recommend any of Infinityā€™s products to anyone who is interested in sound quality; I have their home stereo equipment as well and it sounds nothing short of amazing.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

Well, when I was competing in the SPL comps... 2x12" DV MTX Thunder Pros wired to an MTX 2160 on a JVC KDLX-3 head unit and that gave me 154.5db, a couple first-place trophies, one spidered windshield and more attention than I was wanting resulting in repeated breakins.

The best setup I've heard were all MB quartz components, a pair of 10" JLAudio subs and an Alpine head unit. So crisp, so clear.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:27 PM
4th Gear

12" round SOLO Baric's have been my fav speaker's that ive owned. I wish i never sold them [&o]. But then again I used them for year's and sold them for the same price that i bought them for.

I am going with a Memphis PR 10" which i think should be a very nice speaker as well.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:53 AM
1st Gear

Massive audio. Hands down. They're a newer company, but I had 2 12" competition series subs in my old Cavalier, and they hit insanely hard off of a 1200 watt Audiobahn class-d amp

Quick Reply: What are the best speakers you ever owned?