Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

What kind of Ipod adapter is this one?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default What kind of Ipod adapter is this one?

Hello everyone,

my sister has lots of cd flying in her car (S3 - 2007). Sometime ago I have seen that she has some kind of Ipod adapter in her car: she has bought it second hand so, she and I, we don't know what kind of Ipod is compatible with this specific adapter.

I thought that for christmas I could digitalize her cds and put it on a compatible Ipod. What kind of Ipod is compatible with that adapter?

Pictures

Is it possible to change those adapters? I have discovered that she has recently bought this ipod nano multitouch. Does anyone know if there is already an adapter compatible with this new Ipod nano?

Thank you all!

matitaccia

Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

looks like its designed for an ipod nano.... what are the dimensions on the openings???

that would help give a better idea of what size ipod would fit

Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Hello, hello and thanks for answering.

I went in the car decided to measure the whole thing and while I was looking at it I remembered the schematics which I saw in the manual. And today I saw the differences or, how can I say it, today I was able to understand the differences between the schemes which were represented on the manual.

It's quite easy to understand which model goes were. Don't know why I didn't understand it the first time I checked on the manual.

Anyhow it really looks like an adapter for an Ipod Nano. My sister has an old one, as soon as she brings it home, I'll check it.

Thanks everyone for reading.

matitaccia

Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Hello everyone.

I finally had the chance to test the adapter I have in that car. It's working for a Ipod nano first generation. Here you can find a description for the ipod nano first generation. Also this particular model has a metallic back side, other generations don't.

I have tested it with ipod nano second generation and it didn't work. By not working I mean that it's not possible to connect the ipod to the adapter.
Ipod nano second generation

Maybe this small research will help someone else in the future.

bye

matitaccia