Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

A4 Aluminum Sunroof Delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Default A4 Aluminum Sunroof Delete

I own a 2000 A4 1.8 TQM which I bought new. It was my daily driver for years but it has been undergoing a transformation the last five years as I have been bringing it to the track.

I am starting to go full bore and get rid of items that don't help me go faster to save weight. All of the components of the A/C went recently.

Which brings me to my next project. I want to delete my sunroof, both for weight reasons, and also because I want to take the headliner out to give me a little more space with my helmet on.

There are a lot of people offering carbon fiber sunroof deletes which I am not interested in. I was thinking about getting a piece of aluminum bent and pop rivet it with some adhesive underneath. I was thinking about keeping it the aluminum color on a black car and do a little "airplane ejection hatch" motif on it.

So before I approach a metal working shop to roll this out (because it is not flat) does anyone have any experience with this? Anyone sell something like this before I put the effort into it?

Many thanks.