General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'02 A4 new owner -need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear
Default '02 A4 new owner -need some advice...

Thanks for the help- daughter just bought her 1st audi quattro; 89 k miles certified until end of month. McDonald of Denver checked out car and found no needed mechanical issues.

problems:
1. when accelerating, car speeds up normally, turbo running, then suddenly slows after about 1k RPM as if brakes are on, short squeal sound; is this the turbo going bad?
accerating uphill, same thing just more pronounced, car has difficulty getting up to speed; sensation of slight surging if pedal kept steady.

2. rear seat heaters not operational with adultweight in seat; any suggestions?

3. Audi could not find a record of timing belt being replaced. I plan on having this done right away; anyway of telling if it was performed without disassembly? Curios that the previous owner had all service& maintenance work regularly done and kept the Audi in exceptional condition.

Does anyone know if the turbo is covered under Audi Certified?

Thanks again...

Paul

Old 11-22-2007, 06:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: '02 A4 new owner -need some advice...

well... The year and model of the car would be very helpful.
now, I will start with the easy question.
2. I don't think the audi has rear seat heaters (I could be wrong but I don't think they do)

3. You can remove plastic cover at the front of the engine (closer to bumper) and see the belt. The dealer can tell if the belt is changed but I am not sure how to tell. You could see the make of the belt and try to guess how old the belt is.

1. It could be the turbo but you should check other smaller things like boost leak and Divertor Valve.

btw... I know I cannot judge you but if your daughter doesn't know much or have no interest in cars, having a turbo car might not be a good idea (especially audi since they can cost alot of repair).
I assumed she is/will be in college (correct me if I am wrong).

Old 09-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned
Question Top Quality,Competitive Price, Fast Shipping ...

Oh yeah. Hats and Caps Shopping Online. Come On Yums new era Hats

Old 09-29-2010, 05:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Stereo Problems

Hi, I have an A4 1.8T Quattro 2002 (B6) and I'm having a strange problem with my stereo. All of the sudden it stopped working, it does not give any sign of life despite the fact that the display and all the buttons are illuminated, but the display does not read anything.
Any clue on possible causes?
Thanks!

Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

heres the best advice i can give. sell asap.. these cars are never-ending problems and they are usually about quadruple the cost that you would expect for repairs.