General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2001 S4 won't start when hot takes at least 5 min to start. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 S4 won't start when hot takes at least 5 min to start. Help!

Hi, i just bought an 01 s4 6spd with 140k miles on it about a week ago. The car starts perfectly everyday and most of the time. But at least once a day when I go to the store or something where the car is hot, ill park it and lock it with the key because the key fob is not working.(already replaced battery but i think its broke because at autozone the tester wouldn't light) And ill go into the store and come back and open car and go to turn it on and it will just crank and crank but no gas going in or something the engine just will not fire up. So i have to wait a little bit like a good 5 min for it then boom it turns right on! The car drives great, it does not have rough idle or poor acceleration. There is no check engine light coming on, the car runs tottaly normal. It just will not start sometimes. Has anyone had a similar experience???? I don't think its the key fob, i don't know if its the fuel pump or if it is why is the car running great? Sorry Im new to this.