General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi A4 1995 UK Spec, Electric Window problem,

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Default Audi A4 1995 UK Spec, Electric Window problem,

Am a new member to the Forum and need your help.

I have got a 94 Audi A4 1.8 UK Spec and am having trouble with the electric window on the right hand side (drivers side UK). I can hear the motor turning when pressing up or down on the window winding button but the window is not moving (don't think its the motor). If anything it seems as if it is not attached to anything i.e can manually push down the glass up to a certain extent.

anyone know what this might be... ???

Plus does anyone have any instruction on how to remove the door panel without damaging anything. i.e where the main screws are that hold the panel and what i need to look out for??? or where i need to start from to remove the panel. I noticed NO one has posted any links to Maintenance manuals that one can download... does anyone have one that i can have... i don't need the whole thing just the part detailing how to get to the electric window motor and glass.

your help is much appreciated

Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Default RE: Audi A4 1995 UK Spec, Electric Window problem,

I have finally been able to take of the door panel and have a look what the problem is.

it turns out the wire which is used to wind the window up and down has snapped.

does anyone know if I can just replace the wire or do i have to get the full window winder mechanism. I called around and got some hefty quotes, this because the mechanism is sold as one unit i.e motor winding mechanism etc.

All that is gone is the wire, surely that can be replaced on its own, can't it???

Please help

Old 06-03-2006, 01:47 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi A4 1995 UK Spec, Electric Window problem,

What you need is the window regulator. Also know as the window lifter. It is available serperatly from the motor which should greatly reduce cost. It will come witht he cable and the two rails along with the related pullys. You will have to acquire a rivit gun as it is rivited in place. Just drill out the old rivits and rivit the new one in place.