General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Bill Of Sale Incorrect, What Would You Do

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Bill Of Sale Incorrect, What Would You Do

I purchased a new 2006 Audi A3 from the dealer on July 1, 2006. I was not sure about the exact details about bi-xenon headlights but requested it from the dealer. They told me they were bi-xenon and this is reflected on the purchase agreement. Well to my surprise after playing with my headlights I realize that they were not bi-xenon because they lacked the flap that closes off the light for low beam and opens for high beam. Well I remember my sales guy sending me a spec with product codes and I google it and after contacting Audi America and running my VIN its confirmed that its not bi-xenon. I paid for bi-xenon and is stated as optional equipment on the bill of sale so what do you think I should do at this point? I know its not a dealer installable option so what would you want if they made this mistake on your vehicle. Thanks.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:07 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Bill Of Sale Incorrect, What Would You Do

If you are happy with the car otherwise, I would ask the dealer for a full refund in cash of that upgrade. I would know what it was prior to going in and not take any offer for "services" in trade either. I would let them know that they have a real problem here and that you have already contacted AoA about it. See if they do the right thing - which would be rare for a car dealership. I would get straight to a manger too. It's not that they are all powerful, but they are one jump up from salesman.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Bill Of Sale Incorrect, What Would You Do

+1... Talk to teh Manager. Don't even bother explaining your issue to any of the sales/fllor people. Not the service manager, either. THE manager. They may sit you down and try to out-wait you (see if you'll get frustrated and leave), but make sure you've allowed pleanty of time (like, an entire afternoon) to deal with their silly-***'d games.