General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Brake Pads who makes the best

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake Pads who makes the best

I need to replace the front pads on my 02 S6 and want a pad with performance and low dust. Any recommendations?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Brake Pads who makes the best

mintex is OEM and hawk make HP pads for audi, personally ive used EBC and its amazing but if you want low dust you may wnat to go with red stuff. i currently have PBR ceramics which are also good but still have a a small amount of dust. you can get any of these off of ecstuning.com or car-parts.com (these are my sources you can probably find more)

Old 04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

Did you have to do anything different when you installed the ceramic pads or did they just install just as a stock pad?
Thanks for your input.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator

They're a complete drop-in replacement - nothing special or different about installing them. I haven't used EBC, but I have Hawk pads now on my A4 and love them - I give them an endorsement as well.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:57 AM

I dont recommend Mintex in any order...I had them and they were the worst pads (Red Box from Blau!=Scammer)I have ever had...Very high in dust and crappy braking. I switched to Remsa Gold pads and they rocked and lasted me5 years and they were very low dust and handled my heavy driving and braking. On my current audi I have have PBR (Ceramic) with Zimmermann Cross Drilled and I'm very happy with the money spent.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

Has anybody installed the Axxis Metal Masters? These are the ones I am looking into!!!

http://www.importrp.com/product.php?...9&cat=0&page=1

Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 AM
4th Gear

their pretty good, i had those on my buddies jetta, theyre very similar to duralst ones though. not a performance pad but a nice cheap DD pad, good bit and faily low dusting.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:45 PM

I like the NAPA Ultra Premium Ceramic line. They are guaranteed quiet and are OE equivalent and I have never had any trouble with them. I have installed many sets on different vehicles over the years.
Also make sure the rotors are very smooth, if not replace them or have them machined.
Anthonyz
Tony@zippyoil.com

Old 02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Certified

be careful, some after market are thicker and don't allow retaining clips to secure properly... or they actually wear faster.

Audi OEM always make noise.

Usually a top brand like EPC or HAWK should be ok

Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 PM

i have axxis metal masters on my car all the way around and they are great. Very little dust, and not loud by any means. Stop on a dime with the metal masters and brembo blanks. It sure is a great street pad.. the best brake pad set I have tried so far.

Last edited by mikeross; 08-09-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Brake Pads who makes the best