General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

a/c problems, cold air in center but not cold on outside vents

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Default a/c problems, cold air in center but not cold on outside vents

my 1996 audi a4 blows cold air out of the center 3 vents, but the outside vents are just liek the a/c is off and the fan is on. also i noticed the flaps arent working properly when i turn recirculate on. but if i turn the heat on the flaps close offthe outside air and recirculate the air. but the flap closest to the cabin filter i cant seem to make it move. but if i try to turn it manually the air comes out really slow if i just click it closed just a hair whereit shouldnt make a difference. ive been told to either take it in and spend a fortune or live with it. can anyone help me? also i noticed the display on the controls seem to flicker alot. is that normal?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

I have the same problem on my A4. Did you manage to get your problem fixed and if so, what happened.

Thanks,
Robbie

Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM

no i never figured it out. i also have the problem that it will only come out defrost and now it was stuck coming out the main vents and wouldnt turn on defrost. and for some reaso the recirculate wouldnt work. whent he comporessor turns on it goes to fresh air. then when it turns off the flap would open to recirculat and blow real hard and cold, then it would kick back on again and not blow worth crap. kinda is very frustrating!