General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

car runs, imobilizer blinks & windows dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Default car runs, imobilizer blinks & windows dead

Hello,

my poor 2002 audi tt roadster...

I drove a good hour and parked, upon trying to restart my car it only started for a few seconds and then turned off. the immobilizer light did not turn on. I tried my other set of keys with the same results. I removed every single fuse on the driver side inside door and after removing one of the top fuses (don't know which, i removed about 5 at a time) and then reinserting them (none burnt out) the car started and ran.

however now that the car runs the immobilizer light flashes continuously. also the windows will not roll down. when I lock the car the horn does not beep and then when I try to start the car after locking it the lights flash but there is no alarm.

I need to get my car running properly so that I can bring it into the dmv and get it registered, I moved it from out of state a bit ago and so I need an inspection. ive driven it plenty since this happened and as of yet it has never had problems starting.

the audi dealership wants $180 just to look at it, which I think is insane. does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? im going to order a vag com to check for codes.

how possible is it to remove the immobilizer or deactivate it? im insanely poor at the moment and absolutely need my car in working order.

THANKS!

Old 04-23-2014, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

Unplug the battery and short the two wires (+\-) together for ten seconds. Replug the battery and reprograme the key fob and the windows. It work for me, good luck.