General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Driver Side Turn Signal Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Driver Side Turn Signal Issues

So here's the deal...today I got an error saying that my driver side turn signal light is out. So I went to Advance Auto and relplaced the bulbs with brand new ones. Of course, in typical Audi fashion, I still get the alert on the VAG screen.

After some troubleshooting I realized that it wasn't a bad bulb. When the headlights are on, my corner bulbs (which are also the signal bulbs) work just fine. The only problem comes with signaling. Before I take this to Audi and spend an arm and a leg, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I narrowed it down to either a short somewhere or my signal relay needs to be replaced. The only issue with it being the relay is that my side markers and my rear signals work just fine. Is it possible for a relay to only be bad in controlling the front signals?

Any help at all would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!

Matt

Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Driver Side Turn Signal Issues

i know what the issue is, very popular error with audi. if you look at your housing, the actual part where you plug your bulb into you can see that the wire looks burnt. to fix it, clean it out and drop a little sodering metal onto the wire the burn is and you should be all set.