General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Electrical Problems: Audi Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Default Electrical Problems: Audi Cabriolet

Audi Cabriolet 1996 V6
After driving the car for 200 miles I returned it to the garage. Two days later when I turned the key there was no response. I jumped it with a power jumper box and it sprang to life and ran well. Thisis the 2nd timeit has happened. It took it to the shop that afternoon and it started the next day. They couldn't find anything wrong so I left it for the weekend and on the following Monday it would not start. When the mechanic touched the cables to the battery it started immediately. At this point no one seems to know what the problem is. The ignition switch was replaced in 1996 as part of a recall and there was a problem with the ground for the airbag. We didn't turn off the power seats when we turned off the car but we have done this before with no problem. The check engine light remains on but the car runs great. Also, the ABS light stays lit because the pod for the computer tester won't fit the tester probe. I had the cd changer in the trunk, which doesn't work, disconnect. The radio only works intermittently. Someone suggested that at times the alternator might work intermittently. These are the only indications of anything that might relate to draining the battery. Any help or experience you might have in solving this problem would be appreciated.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Electrical Problems: Audi Cabriolet

check the inside of your stater for a cold solder, that used to happend to me until die for real, my friend found out it was the stater. He is an electromechanic he opened to rebuild it and found out it was just a soldering problem.