General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Experience with Audi Certified cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Default Experience with Audi Certified cars?

I was wondering if anyone had experience, positive or negative, with Audi Certified used (oops, I mean "pre-owned") vehicles. From the description on the company's web site the program seems like a phenomenal deal. The warranty covers the car for six years or 100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever comes first. I only put 7-8,000 miles per year on my cars, so quite likely I would be able to get most or all of the six years out of the warranty.

Are you buying yourself an actual warranty or just a bunch of excuses from the dealership about why this or that particular problem is excluded from coverage?

Will things like changing my own oil, driving in the rain, or going 1 mph over the speed limit void the warranty?

Thoughts, especially those based on personal experience?

Old 06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Experience with Audi Certified cars?

depends on the dealer but our guys go over the cars very well and for the most part the warrenty is pretty good from what i have seen

a techs opinion

Old 06-11-2006, 11:40 AM
3rd Gear

One reason i hate it is because alot of sales people sell it as a bumper to bumper warranty when in fact only very specific items are covered. It seems like theyre making cutbacks on it daily. Most things on the interior are not covered like windows and switchs and cupholders and such. All leaks used to be covered but theyre starting to go away from that by saying hoses are a wear and tear item. Not even all items that turn the cel on are covered, but alot of the major ones are.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
2nd Gear

the only major gripe with it is this: a car thats certified will be about 2-3k more expensive than one that is not (same year, packages, etc), some ppl like the reassurance of the certification, but most of the time ppl dont see it worth it, as any issue that may come up within the coverage period can / most likely can be fixed with the money saved from not going certified