General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Flooded S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Default Flooded S4

Hi - new to this forum, but looking for a bit of help and advice. Got caught out by an exceptionally high tide today, and my 2001 S4 Avant took some water into the cabin, but just about one inch, it did not reach anywhere near the bottom of the seats. And yes, this is salt water! I have removed all the seats and pulled up the (very thick) carpet at the door sills and mopped/sponged out as much water as possible. Then soaked it again with fresh water, and repeated until all trace of salt seems to have gone. Then sprayed WD40 into the seat connectors, propped up the carpets and put our dehumidifier in the car. Anything else I can do? There is a little Bosch electrical box at the base of each front seat (Recaro semi-electric) - any idea what this is?
Oh, and another thing was, when driving back home, everything was fine apart from a weird noise coming from the central tunnel when coming to a halt (from 20mph to zero). As if maybe a bearing had gone somewhere. But only could be heard at slow speeds when slowing down, at no other time. And by the time we had got home, it seemed to have gone. (Brakes had no effect on this noise).
Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Flooded S4

The control module on the drivers side is the central locking control module. The only one ive seen on the passenger side is the transmission control module. No sure wheter you have an auto or manuel. Not really sure on the noise.