General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP!!!!!!!!!! 03 A4 quattro having huge driveability issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy HELP!!!!!!!!!! 03 A4 quattro having huge driveability issues

I just got my Audi A4 Quattro 5sp manual 1.8T yesterday. It had a few minor things to fix, but none related to my issue at hand. It needs two window regulators, 1st gear detent, and very slight oil pan gasket leak.
I drove it home, and it ran mint, drove well, rode great, and everything except 2 windows worked.
I drove it about 100 miles maybe, and went to go get gas. Just before I reached the station, the car started jerking and the battery light came on as it stalled out just before I stopped to make the turn into the driveway. I let the clutch back out and it roll started and jerked its way into the station.
I thought that maybe the gas gauge was slightly off, as it was at 1/8 tank. so I drove to the pump, just as I was about to pull into the pump, it stalled again. I assumed it must just be out of gas. I filled up at just shy of 14 gallons of 93 octane. I started it back up again without any hesitation, and no trouble starting. I pulled out and it continued to jerk about. The traction control light came on, and then it started driving halfway decent.
I get a few miles down the road on my way home, and it really started jerking badly. I pull over, there wasn't any check engine light. I pull out my code reader and plug it in. it gave me p0300, p0302, p0303, p0301, p0304. Those are misfires on cylinders 1-4, and random misfire detected. I clear them and try driving home again. It is jerky, but not as bad, and then I see the traction control light, the check engine light, and the EPC light came on. Then the car stalled out. I start it back up and read the codes. Meanwhile I am reading the codes, the idle is quite erratic and i can feel it misfiring.
I get the following 12 codes:
0343-Camshaft Position sensor A high input
2138-Throttle position sensor circuit
0237-Turbocharger boost sensor A circuit low
0106-MAP circuit performance problem
0102-MAF circuit low input
0300-random misfire
0301-Cyl 1 misfire
0303-cyl 3 misfire
0304-cyl 4 misfire
0011-Camshaft position A over advanced
2127-Accelerator pedal position sensor 2 low voltage
0302-cyl 2 misfire
I drive another few miles after clearing the codes, and it was still really jerky and throwing the check engine light. I pull over, it stalled out again, and I scan again and get the misfires, 0237, 0106, and 0102 codes again. I clear them and drive the rest of the way home. This entire time I'm just trying to get it home to my garage. The entire rest of the way, the throttle wasn't responding consistently (mostly not responding at all) but I get it home. towards the end of the drive, the throttle was actually responding for the most part, but it felt like the turbo wasn't kicking in at all. Because when I got higher in the revs, it wouldn't start accelerating any faster. I get up my driveway and into the garage. I pull the codes again and got the 5 misfire codes a p0341, and the recurrence of the p0237 again.

Please someone help, I really really like this car, and it's my only transportation as of right now. PLEASE HELP!!!!!