General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help White blueish smoke

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Help White blueish smoke

I went away for a week came back to a broken car. My girl was driving and the oil lamp light came on . She thought that meant add oil and over filled it 2 quarts after all ready driving it for 20 min with the oil lamplight on. The check engine light then came on . The car did not over heat.it. It then started making noise like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle and the lifters were tapping.She then parked the car.So i got home drained the oil and changed my pick up and oil pump. The pick up was very clogged with sludge pieces. I cleaned the oil pan and reassembled everything.. The car now runs at 800rpm smooth and smokes tons of blue/white smoke. Lots of it! Smells like burning oil. It takes a min after started to strart blowing smoke. so here we go The check engine light is on--- the car feels like the turbo is not spooling -- and after 5 min it gets a little rough then smoothes out --I drove it a little and its slower ( maybe no turbo). The lifters are quite now--It did loose all power in second gear once but i put it back in gear and it went. I think the turbo is blown so its just throwing oil threw and burning it out of the exhaust. I know it could also be bad seals and or a head gasket! What do you guys think. I havnt been able to get the check engine code yet but im plaining on doing it later this week. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also i may be looking for a 1.8t motor and or turbo depending on what the out come is.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:26 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Help White blueish smoke

1. Learn how to use the return key, you post is very hard to read.
2. WHAT FRAGGING CAR DO YOU HAVE THESE PROBLEMS WITH?
3. READ THE DAM CODES & TELL US WHAT THEY ARE. CHANGES ARE THE PROBLEM IS IN THE CODE
4.The over fill might have saved your engine, but my guess there is a lot of over flow in the breather system, & it's blowing it in the intake.
Remove the pipe going to the turbo & see if there is oil in there.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help White blueish smoke

I havnt been able to get the code yet . I have a 1.8t engine. The pipe going from the turbo to the intercooler does have oil in it. how would i go about getting the oil out of all the places it doesnt belong