General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do I play music from my Galaxy S4 in my 2013 Audi S5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 05:30 PM
1st Gear
Question How do I play music from my Galaxy S4 in my 2013 Audi S5?

Hi guys,

I've been reading posts on this forum for a while, and decided to join.

I have a 2013 Audi S5 with optional glacier white paint and 19 inch rims.

I used to have an iPhone 4S, so playing music through the supplied iPhone/iPod wire (in glove box, AMI system) was fine, I could see track names on my screen and control stuff with my steering wheel controls.

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, and my car doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming (I have the base Audi Concert sound system).

I tried searching for a solution, and I bought a microUSB cable from eBay thinking that I could connect my Galaxy :

Audi Music Interface AMI MMI AUX Micro USB Cable | eBay

While the cable does feed power to my phone, I can't seem to be able to play music...

So how do I play music?? When I connect my Galaxy S4 to the Audi AMI, it says "Audi Music Interface: there are no playable tracks on the device".

I have an extra microUSB flash card 16Gb installed, on which all my music was placed. Even when I put music tracks in the "Music" folder of the phone's internal memory, I still get the same "no playable tracks on device" message...

Does anyone here know how to play music using a Galaxy phone or any Android phone ???

Thanks!