How to play music from Galaxy S4 in 2013 Audi S5 ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 05:31 PM
1st Gear
Question How to play music from Galaxy S4 in 2013 Audi S5 ??

Hi guys,

I've been reading posts on this forum for a while, and decided to join.

I have a 2013 Audi S5 with optional glacier white paint and 19 inch rims.

I used to have an iPhone 4S, so playing music through the supplied iPhone/iPod wire (in glove box, AMI system) was fine, I could see track names on my screen and control stuff with my steering wheel controls.

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, and my car doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming (I have the base Audi Concert sound system).

I tried searching for a solution, and I bought a microUSB cable from eBay thinking that I could connect my Galaxy :

Audi Music Interface AMI MMI AUX Micro USB Cable | eBay

While the cable does feed power to my phone, I can't seem to be able to play music...

So how do I play music?? When I connect my Galaxy S4 to the Audi AMI, it says "Audi Music Interface: there are no playable tracks on the device".

I have an extra microUSB flash card 16Gb installed, on which all my music was placed. Even when I put music tracks in the "Music" folder of the phone's internal memory, I still get the same "no playable tracks on device" message...

Does anyone here know how to play music using a Galaxy phone or any Android phone ???

Thanks!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM
1st Gear
Default same probles

No solution yet?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Only solution I found was to buy an SD card and I loaded all my MP3's on it.

But I still can't play music from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. The base 2013 Audi S5 (if you can call an S5 "base" lol) doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming. And that cable I bought only charges the phone, but doesn't let me control music. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Man was it ever easier with my old iPhone 4S.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by OrangeVee
Only solution I found was to buy an SD card and I loaded all my MP3's on it.

But I still can't play music from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. The base 2013 Audi S5 (if you can call an S5 "base" lol) doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming. And that cable I bought only charges the phone, but doesn't let me control music. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Man was it ever easier with my old iPhone 4S.
What do you mean it doesn't support Bluetooth? I test drove a 2014 yesterday and the dealer told me that all S5s support bluetooth streaming. Did he mean starting with 2014 models or was he just wrong?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Talking

I popped in the aux adapter for the MMI and got an extension so I could control the phone outside of the glove box. Found this works best for me. Also good for the iphone (or any phone rather) when wanting to play a song from youtube or pandora.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Default What adaptor did you use?

Hi EastCoastBro:
Can you tell me exactly what adaptor you bought, where you bought it and how much you paid for it? (I live in Boston, MA)

I'm trying to audio stream via pandora with my Samsung Galaxy IIIs and 2011 Audi A4.

Thank you so much!!!

I wish this was much easier! The Audi dealership is clueless on how to advise me!

rozziegirl

Old 04-30-2015, 08:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Pandora/2011 Audi A4/Samsung

I'm having similar issues with my 2011 Audi (new to me) A4 and Samsung Note 3. I got a connector cable off of eBay, and it doesn't work. Getting the run around at the dealership and Best Buy Geek Squad audi guys said they could do a work around (drill holes) for about $350.

Oh my god, if I have to listen to another morning radio show, I think I might off myself (obviously kidding here).

Please help! Thanks!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by erinkpeters
I'm having similar issues with my 2011 Audi (new to me) A4 and Samsung Note 3. I got a connector cable off of eBay, and it doesn't work. Getting the run around at the dealership and Best Buy Geek Squad audi guys said they could do a work around (drill holes) for about $350.

Oh my god, if I have to listen to another morning radio show, I think I might off myself (obviously kidding here).

Please help! Thanks!
Hi erinkpeters - I finally got my connections with my galaxy phone to work but it took buying 2 pieces from a website that sells all kind of audio electronic equipment. It ended up costing me a couple hundred dollars but I can sell you the parts that made it work for like $50 because I no longer use them now that I have the iphone6. I still had to buy a $30 adaptor even for that!!! Feel free to call me and we can discuss. Sharron 617-817-4414