General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Images of a TT Roadster Top Well (behind the seats)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Images of a TT Roadster Top Well (behind the seats)

A minor TT question ref my 2001 TT Roadster Quattro. The rag top seems to leak along the seal in the back. I "think" I see the problem, but cannot confirm. Attached to the cloth portion of the top there is like a plastic skirt. In my car that flexible plastic skirt just hangs down into the well where the top rests when down. It seems to me that plastic skirt needs to be "tucked in and/or glued" to a hard plastic "collar" that sits directly beneath the rubber seal on the back of the car; the seal that meets the cloth top when up. Then any water that leaks in migrates to the end and drips into a drain tube by the post and hinge by the back of the seat.

Does anyone have picture images of how the cloth top attaches to the car back in the well? (When the glass window fell out I had a convertible top company sew in a plastic window. Works great, but I think they disconnected the bottom and it needs to be corrected, just not sure how.

If you have any photos that show the proper set up in the back, that would be terrific!

Thanks.

CEL
+'