General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

iTunes MMI SD Card Export Tool

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Default iTunes MMI SD Card Export Tool

Hi everyone,

New to these boards as a registered user but been browsing for a while. Great forums and community.

I purchased a used 2012 A4 a year ago this past November and have been quite surprised by a few of the technical deficiencies of that particular production year, but the most bizarre of which I've found to be the whole SD card usage for Music. First off, sort of curious why there's the weird 2GB capacity limitation, but setting that aside, I was unable to easily find anything out there for making "relative-to-root" (directory) M3U playlists or any other sort of playlists that would be easily copy-able to an SD card for use in the MMI systems (probably across multiple) years.

I'm a programmer so I whipped up a pretty simplistic program to convert exported XML playlists from iTunes into a self-containing directory with a single M3U playlist file and all associated audio files prepared for copy into the base directory of an SD card for use in MMI audio systems, also numbering songs for proper ordering if you want it when not using the "Playlist" and instead just browsing Audio Files.

I haven't yet taken the time to package this in a form that would distributable or usable by a semi-tech savvy user, and was wondering if it would be worth the time because there would be some community interest in such a tool.

If I get enough interest I'll likely start a separate thread on these boards (in whichever particular board seems most appropriate to more familiar community members) and then go from there.

-- David

Old 04-22-2014, 12:21 AM
1st Gear

Just got a new 2012 A6. Have posted some problems I have had with MMI and audio on a couple prior posts. Still haven't gotten any responses. I have come to the conclusion that playlists are just not supported by the Jukebox. As a result, I have been trying to use an SD card to be able to play my playlists. I have a lot of well planned playlists, and that is how I listen to music.