General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LCD 2-Way Pager Car Alarm ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:44 AM
1st Gear
Default LCD 2-Way Pager Car Alarm ??

Hi,

Does anyone have one of these things? A LCD 2-Way Pager Car Alarm?

I'm looking to buy one and they seem to have a huge pager and remote range on them.

But what I don't want to do is have the remote in my pocket when I'm in the house/in town and then it accidentally gets pressed and my car becomes unlocked or remote started or something stupid like that. You know when your mobile phones not locked and it ends up dialing someone in your pocket?? I don't what that sort of thing to happen with this remote!

I've seen one systems remote that seems to have a 'button lock' feature, similar to an iPods 'hold' switch I guess, and basically that's what I'm after.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+BMW-2WAY.html (I know it says BMW but I assume it's not just for BMWs and it's just part of the name!).

There's lots more on eBay with even more feautres which I would like but they don't seem to have any 'button lock' feature which could be a problem.

So can anyone recommend one of these systems with the 'button lock' feature. Or if you have one without out it do you find it a problem? Do keep unlocking the car etc?

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: LCD 2-Way Pager Car Alarm ??

That's just a link to Google search. I've already found loads of them but only one with this 'button lock' feature I mentioned. So if someone knows of any with the 'button lock' feature then please post a link to that.

Cheers.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:28 PM

its an alarm pager to let you know if its been broken into all the other gizmos are extra but personally I dont like them ( unless your in a very cold climate and the engine needs warming before you get in "Alaska" )

Old 02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
1st Gear

I thought it would be handy for me. I haven't got a original swithblade remote for my Audi, so was either going to buy a replica switchblade remote entry system or this 2-way pager system. They are pretty much the same price on eBay and the 2-way pager system has many more features.

I just don't want the car to unlock if the remote is in my pocket and gets pressed! This wouldn't happen with the switchbalde system because the range is only a few metres, whereas the 2-way pager system has a huge range (something like 3-5 Kilometres for pager and a few hundred to 1Km for the remote unlock, remote start functions etc) so it's more likely that I will accidentally press the button to unlock when this remote is in my pocket.

So that's why I'm seeing if anyone has one with the 'button lock' protection feature.