General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Long-Term Preventative Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Long-Term Preventative Maintenance

2005.5 A4 Quattro 2.0T

I've had it from 33k to now, at around 86k. Had some nagging issues early, but has been remarkably trouble-free since 45k, except for a turbo valve that seems to go out about every 30k.

My question is since I plan on keeping this vehicle for at least 10 more years, what types of maintenance should I get done that might save me in the long run? Should I do the timing belt thing earlier, or how long can I wait on this in terms of years/mileage.

The only thing I notice in terms of abnormality is this last set of tires (Bridgestone Potenza's currently around 30k on them). The front tires on both sides have "outside" tire cupping. I had a minor front-end collision at around 45k, so not sure if this might be suspension-related, but the vehicle does not "pull" whatsoever - never has.

Overall, just looking to maybe replace things that are eventually going to go, and maybe address it in a way that makes it cheaper to do now, as opposed to when things actually go out.

On my driving habits, I am SUPER easy on this vehicle - rarely hammer the throttle, over go over 55 MPH, unless I am on the freeway, which is maybe 3-4 times per year.

I've read you can get a LOT of miles on an Audi and I'd like to go as long as possible because this car has just about everything I'll need in a vehicle - and it's been paid off for several years - the most important factor.

Thanks.