General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Nav. CD Question

Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Default Nav. CD Question

OK I just got my RNS_D installed. The stereo works great and the Ice link works like a charm. The only thing not working is the nav unit. I checked the disc and it is really scratched so this may be one issue but as I was doing some reseach and I found you have to modify a couple things on your nav cd to have it work. After reading instructions I feel I can do it.
So here are my questions, can I use the audi CD I have (all the instructions say use the Blaupunkt CD to modify) I just have the normal audi nav cd.

Second, is this even an issue I have to worry about or should I just by a new cd.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2007, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Nav. CD Question

Are you sure that you have an RNS-D? Then it's CD based, & you just pop the CD's in there. Do you have a real CD or a burned copy (there should be 12 for the US)?

It will not play any music CD's, it's for the NAV disk only. Yes, the Audi CD's will work fine, but you can't use the Audi or any DVD's in the D.